Deacons are ordained servant leaders of the church body that serve as the hands and feet of the caring ministries, and who offer words and the comfort of Christ, whenever needed. Click here to download a position description.
Deacon Care Ministries include:
- Communion: Deacons serve communion to the congregation each month.
- Visitation: Visits to those who are unable to attend church, those who are hospitalized, the grieving and the elderly. Visitations are coordinated by Delianne Koops who can be contacted at (510) 848-6252 ext. 237 or at email@example.com.
- Deacon Fund: Administering funds from the congregation to individuals and families with emergency needs.
- Young at Heart Luncheon: Deacons organize an annual luncheon to honor our seniors 80 years and older.
- Cal Move-In Day: Deacons welcome new Cal students and their families by providing parking, coffee and snacks on move in day each year.
- Support for Memorials: Providing refreshments, ushers and support for families having memorials at First Pres.
- Winter Clothing Drive: Gathering warm clothing for our bothers and sisters who live on the streets.
“And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” Colossians 3:17
For more information to make a confidential Deacon Fund request, or to reach the Deacons, please contact David Wagner, Caring Ministries Admin at (510) 848-6252 ext. 241 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Cal Move-In Day
|Young at Heart Luncheon
Class of 2017
Extending for one year:
Sylvia Chan Lopez
Class of 2018
Fa Lu Hutson
Class of 2019
Class of 2020